Combatting Excessive Hair Shedding: Your Shower's Silent Culprit
Discover how to combat excessive hair shedding in the shower and stop losing hair with the Jolie Filtered Showerhead. Say goodbye to hair loss!
Table of Contents
Everybody’s hair sheds on a daily basis. It’s just a biological fact of life. Think of it in the same way as your dog’s fur - every time they get up, stretch, and shake it out, a bunch of little hairs float across the room and you think nothing of it. The same is typically true of human hair shedding - but if you see a sudden increase in the amount of hair falling out of your head, it’s best to act fast. The sooner you address the issue, the less hair you’re likely to have lost, and, more obviously, the less hair you will continue to lose. Believe it or not, the source of your problem could be coming from the most seemingly innocent part of your self-care routine - the water you use to wash yourself. But fear not, as guardian angels like Jolie Skin Co and their namesake Filtered Showerhead are here to save the day.
Excessive hair shedding is extremely common in both male and female bodies. There are a variety of causes for excessive hair shedding, but here are some of the most common:
- Physical or Emotional Stress: Severe physical stress does not mean working out extra hard - it specifically refers to surgeries, illness, or some other severe form of physical stress. Emotional stress comes by way of emotional trauma. Both can disrupt your hair’s natural growth and shedding cycle, resulting in excessive hair shedding.
- Hormonal Changes: Specific disruptions in normal hormonal function can have an effect on your hair as well. These factors can include pregnancy, childbirth itself, menopause, thyroid disorders, birth control, and more.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: Diet is key. By depriving your body of the essential nutrients it needs to carry out its normal functions, you are essentially trying to drive a car without fuel. Some of the key growth nutrients for hair are protein, iron, zinc, biotin, and vitamin D.
- Sudden Weight Loss: Sudden weight loss via extreme dieting or something of the sort can have a variety of negative effects on several bodily functions due to the sudden system shock - hair loss is often one of them.
Whatever the cause of your sudden increase in hair shedding, it is important to do what you can to stop it before it’s too late. The psychological impact of sudden hair loss (especially that which could’ve been prevented) can be substantial and is most often negative. Hair is a symbol of identity, personality, and a source of confidence. Try to give your hair its best chance to thrive.
The daily shower is a sacred time. It means warmth, solitude, and revitalization. It is also the best time to care for your hair, and to pay attention to its health. When you wash your hair, the individual strands that have removed themselves from your scalp can often be stuck in the jumble - the act of washing shakes them out, resulting in that all-too-familiar clump that forms over the drain. This is an important moment - check every day to see if this clump is roughly status quo, or if it’s growing. This could mean there’s trouble on the horizon.
- Water Temperature: If your water is too hot on your hair, you can strip out natural oils, depriving your hair of a protective layer of moisturization. This can lead to dry, brittle, weak hair. While hot water doesn't directly cause hair loss, weakened and damaged hair is more likely to fall out. Cold water, on the other hand, may not properly cleanse your hair, and can lead to buildup of detrimental residues and deposits of various kinds.
- Water Quality: Hard water is water that is high in mineral content, and while mineral water is a luxuriously-sounding phrase used to sell drinking water, it can be a huge detriment to your scalp. The minerals in hard water, such as calcium and magnesium, can accumulate on the scalp and hair, causing dryness, brittleness, and potential breakage. Hard water can also reduce the effectiveness of hair care products. Additionally, water treated with chlorine and other harsh chemicals, such as those used in some municipal water supplies, can strip the hair of its natural oils and cause dryness. Prolonged exposure to these chemicals may weaken the hair shaft and contribute to hair loss.
- Low Quality Hair Care Products: Hair care products can contain a lot of harsh chemicals, and name alone is often not enough for the average person to differentiate between good and bad. Low-quality or harsh hair care products may contain ingredients that strip the hair of its natural oils, leading to dryness and damage. Additionally, certain chemicals in these products can irritate the scalp and contribute to conditions like dermatitis, which may result in hair loss.
It is important to remember that hair shedding is natural, and it is far more obvious when you shower. Start by mitigating these factors, and if you’re still seeing an abnormally high amount of hair loss when you wash, then your next step should be clear.
The Jolie Filtered Showerhead is no snake oil solution. Recently, a vigorous clinical study was done to determine the efficacy of the Jolie Showerhead (with specific regard to hair-shedding reduction), and the results are profound. Of 27 participants using the Jolie for 12 weeks, 81% saw a reduction in shedding, 59% saw a reduction of at least one-third, and 30% saw a reduction of more than 50%.
The science behind Jolie's functionality is extensive but can be summed up simply - the filtration medium is made up of an extremely potent blend of particulates called KDF-55, in conjunction with calcium sulfite. Together, they form a contaminant fighting supergroup that results in the purest shower experience you’ve ever had. It’s hard to imagine the difference ahead of time, as we’ve all just taken showers for granted and accepted them as being as good as they can be. But your first shower with a Jolie Showerhead is going to lay bare the amazing difference after a lifetime of low-quality water.
The role of your shower water in hair loss is profound - clean, pure water has a gentle moisturizing effect on your hair and scalp, allowing your hair’s natural moisturizers and defense mechanisms to thrive. This also provides your carefully-selected products their best shot at giving your hair the sleek look you’ve been chasing. Without a Jolie, you’re allowing countless dissolved minerals, hard metals, chlorine and other harsh chemicals, and any number of unknown contaminants to build up in the hardest-to-reach places of your hair and scalp. Treat your hair to a purifying luxury experience as soon as you can to help stop your excessive hair shedding in its tracks - if you still have doubts, you can initiate a no-hassle return, no questions asked, within 60 days. That’s how sure Jolie is that you’ll have undeniable, fantastic results.
SHOP THE JOLIE FILTERED SHOWERHEAD